So you're moving to university, leaving home for the first time, packing your entire life into sad looking boxes and wondering if you even know how to cook an egg properly because you're pretty sure you're lacking all the basic life skills needed to survive this major change. It's EXCITING.
I'm guessing that you've already got the basics covered. Have you chucked your duvet in the car boot? Shoved all your clothes into a suitcase? Bought up the entire alcohol aisle of ASDA to cover your Freshers nights?
Good start, but for your first couple of weeks as a REAL GROWN UP to go as smoothly as poss at university, make sure you've also got these 20 very important things which you might just have forgotten about.
1. A colander to ensure all your future pasta endeavours are successful ones.
2. Washi tape, because you're going to want to cover up various damp patches with nice prints and posters.
3. A washing maiden, which will prevent your clothes from smelling like a swamp.
4. Basic fancy dress, just in case your flatmate decides that Saturday night is going to be pirate themed and if you're not dressed up then you have to drink some milk and eggs or something.
5. TV licence because it's the LAW and no you CAN'T just pretend it's not a thing that you need to buy for yourself. It's 40p a day, and much cheaper than going to prison for a bit.
6. A good conversation starter, if you're anywhere near as socially awkward as I am and tend to worry about these things.
7. Kitchen tongs, which are not only useful for turning your bacon over, but also really handy to picking up unidentified revolting objects that don't belong to you.
8. The meningitis jab. If you're aged 17 to 18, this is the most important thing you can get before you move because it could literally save your life. Find out more HERE.
9. Condoms, because let's not be gross and start putting things in places without thinking about the gross potentials.
10. Tupperware, which then means that rather than eating the same meal every night for the next week, you can freeze stuff and go back to it another time. Rejoice.
11. Birthday candles, because if it's anyones beeday then you'll make them a bit happier.
12. Spare tote bags to make sure that you can carry all your shopping back on the bus, and also to shove all your laundry into when you head down to the laundrette.
13. Decent passport photos for the endless amounts of forms you'll need to fill in to get your student ID, bus pass, railcard blah blah blah.
14. A budget in mind, because as fun as it is to spend money that you don't have, you will hate yourself when you're 24. Trust.
15. Your most comforting book or DVD for the days when everything is crap and you just want to cry a bit.
16. Age ID, to make sure that you are never the one getting turned away from the cluuurb.
17. Your best hangover cure, to make sure that you recover as quickly as possible from the cluuurb.
18. Portable charger, so that you never get stuck in a new place without being able to call someone and let them know.
19. The address for your local GP and probably a chemist too, because if you get ill then going home on a five hour coach to see the doctor is NOT FUN.
20. A little bit of cash, just to make sure you can get from A to B without having to worry about getting stuck anywhere.
And now you can watch my face saying all of these things to you, to make sure you double triple quadruple don't forget to pack them all.
Got any more must-haves that uni newbies might have forgotten about? Share the love why dontcha - pop a comment below or tweet me @LucyJaneWood. Love you bye.