I haven't done a Ways They Wear post for a while now, but this morning I treated myself on something that I've wanted for a couple of years now but always shyed away from, mainly because of their hefty price tag. Disco Pants are American Apparel's famous best selling legging/trouser/pant beauties (think Bad-Ass Sandy), and are not for the faint hearted. They are very high waisted, very figure hugging, but also extremely flattering and are renowned for being able to suck you in in all the right places whilst at the same time showing off curves to give you a really slinky silhouette.
This morning a 30% off code for American Apparel landed in my inbox and I decided it was time to take the disco plunge. I saw the code floating round quite a few bloggers this morning so I predict an increase in disco pant outfit posts!
Tweet me @lucyjanewood if you'd like the discount code!
I really love how versatile they are, and can be worn in so many different ways to achieve different looks.
- Pair your disco pants with a simple plain or band t-shirt with rolled up sleeves to give a relaxed, grunge look. I think they'd look really cute with a high ponytail and a pair of scruffy Converse.
- Disco pants seem to make everyone that wears them instantly look unique and edgy (even though everyone seems to have them). Paired with either a buttoned up shirt or a loose fitting one, they look really chic and effortlessly fashionable.
- I opted for the black pair as I think they look great when incorporated into a monochrome outfit. I particularly love the 5th look with the blazer and bowler hat.
- I'm particularly excited to wear the Disco pants on a night out in an outfit like the fourth one. I love slashed tees like this girls so that the lacey sides of your bra peep out. I think the geometric shapes and lines created in this outfit, and the dark black against pale skin are really stunning. I'm definitely excited to recreate this one with my Litas for a night out in Liverpool when Im back home.
- Disco pants are a really great addition to a wardrobe for this time of year, to help with the transition between Winter and Summer as they look great layered up like in the final picture, as well as with skimpy summer tops.
I'm SOOOO excited to receive mine! I just need to get skinny enough to pull them off now... I'm going to hang them on the crisp cupboard!
What do you think of disco pants? Do you own them? Are you lusting after them? Or are they your worst nightmare come to life in elastane?